Saturday, March 17, 2007

climbers unite!

Remember last July (wow, has it been that long ago?) some of us climbed Mt. Fuji? I posted about it here.

Well, a couple of weeks ago while shopping at a market, my Aunty M1 and I ran into one of our climbing members, May. (In Hawaii, you'll often run into people you know at the market) Since most of the group lives on Oahu, they have gotten together after the climb once before.
Anyway, we got to talking and since Satoshi would be in town, we talked about getting the "Mt. Fuji Group" together for dinner.

So, the emails and phone calls went out (Tony doesn't have internet) and we were able to get most of our group together. Most of the group is retired and since my brother is working and was home last month--he couldn't make it.

Instead of going to a restaurant, we came up with having a pot-luck party--everyone bringing something then noshing and chatting. This idea was nice because we could leisurely eat and be loud!

It was a lovely gathering-- everyone reminiscing about the climb, talking about what they've been up to, sharing new travels and planning new adventures.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a nice way to celebrate such a momentous accomplishment! Love the photos, Kat!

Brilynn said...

I just went back and read about your climb, that sounds amazing! I'd like to do something like that one day.

K and S said...

Thanks Ivonne and Brilynn!
I hope you get to try this one day, Brilynn, it is definitely something to try once in your lifetime!

Take care you two!
Kat

Barbara said...

Your (long) visit to Hawaii has really made me want to visit again. I haven't been for 26 years.

K and S said...

Please do Barbara! I hope you will enjoy yourself while you are here!

Take care.
Kat

OkiHwn said...

Too bad I didn't know you then. Would have planned a trip to join you folks. A lot of my friends in Zama have done that.

K and S said...

It was killers, Nate! but worth the experience. I think Zama is close to Mt Fuji so it is easy to get to. If Satoshi does it again this year, will let you know.

Take care.
Kat

Pille said...

Your auntie shares a name with my little sister:)

K and S said...

That is neat Pille!

Thanks for stopping by.

Take care.
Kat