Wednesday, November 08, 2006

blueberry-cashew bread


With the weather turning drastically cold the past couple of days, I think the "cold" season has officially started here. My student emailed me to say that she wasn't feeling well and wanted to cancel our lesson today. Since I now had some time on my hands, I decided to bake some bread.

I had seen this blueberry-cashew bread in the neighborhood bakery before and decided to re-create it.

I used the butter roll recipe that comes with the yeast packets and added cashews and blueberries to the dough before baking. I didn't know how much of the cashews or blueberries to put into the bread, and put just a little. Now I know, I could have put WAY more...

Still, the rolls rose very nicely and you get cashew and blueberry in every bite.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an interesting combination! Wow, I'm really impressed you make so many different bread type things! They always seem so difficult. I only make flatbreads that don't need to rise etc., lol, so good on you!

K and S said...

Hi TM,

I guess I'm hooked on using yeast...ha ha...I buy the Camelia brand and the instructions seem really easy, that's why I use it, just toss it in with the other ingredients and make sure the water is warm and it rises pretty nicely! I should try making flatbread too.

Take care.

Kat

Anonymous said...

Kat,
Blueberry & cashew - never would have thought but when you say it it sounds like a natural. And do try flat breads, they are lovely. I have one on my old site that's been our favorite for years.
Thanks for stopping by.

K and S said...

Thank you Tanna!
I will check out your old site to see your flatbread recipe.

Take care!

Kat

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great combination - especially to me, as I love both blueberries and cashews!

Jann said...

This combination sounds so earthy...i know it must be delicious.....happy cooking!

K and S said...

Thanks Jann!

Happy Cooking to you too.

Take care.

Kat

jasmine said...

I'd never thought of putting blueberries and cashews together in a bread...I am curious--roasted or raw cashews?

j

K and S said...

Thanks Jasmine,

Roasted and unsalted. :)

Take care.

Kat

Anonymous said...

Blueberries and cashews??? What a cool concept. You've just inspired me Kat, now I will get myself to the kitchen!

K and S said...

Thanks Rowena,

Can't wait to see what you come up with! :)

Take care.

Kat

Brilynn said...

Sounds like a great combo... it makes me want to make a cherry almond bread.

K and S said...

Ohh, cherry and almond sounds great too, Brilynn.

Can't wait to see it.

Take care.

Kat

Anonymous said...

A bluebery and cashew nut combination sounds intriguing and delicious. I am going to try this combi the next time! ^__^

K and S said...

Can't wait to see your version, Kurogoma!

Take care.

Kat

Anonymous said...

Cashews and blueberries...very interesting.

K and S said...

Thanks Peabody!

Hope you are enjoying the weekend!

Kat