Friday, October 20, 2006

while roaming the aisles

Remember I wrote about Cocoa Bon? (here) Well, they also make jelly beans. This one is called "Cosmo" after the cocktail, Cosmopolitan. I had seen an article about these in a magazine here and was interested in trying it. They aren't bad, although I thought it could be a bit more on the tart side, seeing how it should be taste like a cranberry martini...at least you won't get a hangover if you eat the whole thing!

Did you know that Toblerone makes a dark version? I didn't, well, not until I found it while roaming the aisles...I was actually looking for a Valrhona bar for a recipe and came across it instead. I had never tried Toblerone before and was glad I did, dark, bitter chocolate with honey and almond nougat, delicious!

Enjoy the weekend!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

"...roaming the aisles" - for chocolate! I like that idea and probably do it as much as you. ;-) Regarding your comment on the prawn tails: You guys eat them in Japan? Wow! I'd never thought to do so, I mean, it just never dawned on me but I'll give it a try next time around. If I can eat soft-shell crab why not fried shrimp tails?

K and S said...

Hi Rowena,

Isn't roaming the aisles, fun?! And for chocolate?! bonus!

As long as the tails are fried crispy, we eat them, I never used to (in Hawaii), but since seeing everyone in Japan eat them, I've gotten used to it. :)

Take care.

Kat

Anonymous said...

ahahah, I love your expression "roaming the aisles". Chocolate addict as much as me ;-)

Anonymous said...

I have never EVER seen dark chocolate toblerone.

And just when I thought I couldn't be any more jealous of your supermarkets!

K and S said...

Hi Bea,

I love "roaming the aisles", we chocolate addicts must stick together ;)

Hi Ellie,

I had never seen it either until recently. Is there a customs restriction for sending chocolate to Melbourne? Maybe I should send you a bar?

Take care you two!

Kat

2kamuela47 said...

Hi Kat!

Interesting what you find when you roam the aisles. Doing great, it's been raining a lot over here. I'm not complaining cause we need the water. Have a great weekend!

Laura

K and S said...

Thanks Laura, I do enjoy roaming the aisles! Glad to hear you are fine, I tried to email you, but it got rejected. :(

Take care.

Kat

Anonymous said...

Lovely post, as usual, lol. I just bought a dark Toblerone, on your recommendation here, but I had tried the white chocolate one (as well as the regular one). I like the regular one better than the white, because the white was a bit too sweet, but I'm looking forward to trying the dark one, on your recommendation. :)

Brilynn said...

I've never seen dark toblerone bars before, but now I must seek one out!

K and S said...

Hi TM,
I hope you like the dark one. :) It is really good.

Hi Brilynn,
I hope you can find it! :)

Take care you two!

Kat