Wednesday, August 23, 2006

wittamer


Yesterday I had a dentist appointment. Since I was in Umeda and since Satoshi had a drinking get-together and didn't need dinner, I decided to buy my lunch, dinner and a little dessert.

The little dessert were macarons by Wittamer. Wittamer is a Belgian confectionery who happens to have a counter at the Hanshin Department store. :)

I was never into macarons before moving to Japan, but now that I have tried several "brands", I think I may be hooked!

From the top, counter clockwise, brown (chocolate with a dark chocolate ganache), pink (raspberry ganache), yellow (mango ganache), light green with red specks (pistachio with strawberry ganache), in the center, beige with brown specks (hazelnut ganache) and another chocolate one. These were very delicious and good sized too.

Luckily, I came home when I did too, the afternoon brought over 100mm/hr of rain, along with lightning and thunder--shaking our apartment at times! Scary!

9 comments:

K and S said...

Hi Chaptechie,
It was hazelnut mixed with some chocolate. Very nice.
Thanks for stopping by.
Kat

bourgogne said...

sounds like another reason to come to france! unless...maybe the macarons are better in japan. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, so perfect and so round! I'm kind of glad I can't buy them in Melbourne - otherwise I'd never stop eating them!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a perfect treat ;-)

K and S said...

Hi Bourgogne,
No, I have a feeling that Paris won't let me down!

Hi Ellie,
I actually have a list of places to try in Melbourne...

Hi Bea,
It was a nice treat!

Thanks for stopping by everyone!

Kat

Neelu said...

Dear Kat ,I am neelambari.... The one u send the BPW event post card ... I am so sorry for such a late reply .. was loaded with some work. I loved ur card because not only its related to food but it also represents a diferent culture by its theme, Thankyou sooo much for your card.
luv
Neelu

2kamuela47 said...

Hey Kat! The Hazelnut one sounds good. I'm fine getting ready to travel to Boston. Have you been there? If so any restaurant suggestions? Praying for a safe journey. Hope it's not too muggy over there. Take Care!

K and S said...

Hi Neelu,
Glad to hear that you received the card. I was getting a bit worried.
Enjoy!
Kat

K and S said...

Hi 2kamuela47,
Will email you some places that is on my list for Boston...
Take care.
Kat