Sunday, August 06, 2006

around the neighborhood

Not much happening around here, Satoshi had to go to work today. Just wanted to show you some shots from around the neighborhood.

Everyday on my walks to the grocery store, I see this cat. He/she actually had a white face, somehow it has turned gray, probably from pollution. Anyway, he/she is always on the shady side of this house. In the afternoon, he/she moves to the glass sunroof area, which I think may be even cooler.

The playground area of an elementary school nearby. I was shocked because there is no grass! I've only seen grass at schools in Okinawa. Growing up in Hawaii, our playground area always had grass and we always ran around barefoot!

The outside shell of the semi (cicada) in Japanese it is called utsusemi and is quite fragile. Kinda ugly, yeah?

Last night, we walked to the Minoo Falls area thinking it was lit up with all these candles (I had seen an ad)--It was the weekend before. :( The falls were lit up with regular lights though, although my digital camera didn't take very good photos at night. :( Though, I was able to catch a butterfly trying to figure out what to drink at a vending machine.

And lastly, a foodie item, this curry pan (fried bread filled with curry) is made at a bakery inside of a nearby supermarket. This is the first time I've come across a curry pan that actually had chunks of beef in it and the bread is actually fluffy in texture! Delicious!

Hope you are keeping cool where you are! Have a good week!

7 comments:

bourgogne said...

oooh! that's like a curry donut! i wish more donuts were savory. (of course, sweet is good too) :)

K and S said...

Yes! Bourgogne, it is like a donut. Sometimes the bakeries have non-fried curry pan. This is good too and not so oily. Hope you are enjoying your weekend!
Kat

Anonymous said...

fun to get a peak at what you see every day!

fursat said...

Oh My!! Curry pan looks irresistable. Also, loved the thirsty butterfly picture :P

K and S said...

Thanks Bea and Ricky!
Hope you enjoyed the weekend.
Kat

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the walk around your neighborhood! That cicada shell...ugh! Still cool to look at though, and you'd think that I didn't get enough of bugs in Hawaii. Speaking of which, yay for green lawns in HI!!

Your pic of the curry pan reminded me of a newsclip that I watched last week. Something about "curry baths" in Japan? or Korea? Sort of like a more spicy version of the furo. I just couldn't get over the yellow water that everyone was soaking in!

K and S said...

Hi Rowena,
I think it was in Japan, can you believe, people were actually drinking from the furo (GROSS!) because it tasted like curry?! Blah!
Thanks for stopping by!
Kat