Friday, May 26, 2006

clouds, rain, vosges

We are nearing the rainy season here (I think I saw that Kyushu entered their rainy season today). Today's weather forecast was cloudy in the morning and rain in the afternoon. This usually means from 6am-12pm it will be cloudy and from 12pm-6pm it will be rainy. I had some errands to run, so I wanted to try to be back before 12 noon. (You definitely want to check the forecasts before leaving your house especially during the rainy season!)

Luckily, I was almost home when it started to drizzle at about noon (I am amazed at how they can pinpoint the weather almost to the minutes!)

My afternoon snack were a couple of squares of Vosges' Red Fire Bar and coffee. This bar is a 55% cacao dark chocolate with Mexican ancho and chipotle peppers with Ceylon cinnamon. The first thing you notice as you put a piece onto your tongue is the cinnamon. There is a lot of cinnamon in this bar. As the bar begins to melt, a fiery kick comes from the ancho and chipotle, almost enough to make you cough a little from the punch! 2 squares was just the right amount.

Satoshi has to work tomorrow, and I have a lesson, plus I think it will be a rainy weekend....since we won't be able to galavant around much, hopefully we'll have some nice foodie experiences.

Have a nice weekend!

3 comments:

2kamuela47 said...

Hey there! I love reading about your food adventures. Have a great weekend!

K and S said...

Hi 2kamuela47,

Thanks! enjoy sharing them.

Take care.

Kat

Anonymous said...

Mmm ... chocolate with a chili and cinnamon kick sounds delicious! Enjoy!

Have a wonderful weekend!