Monday, December 05, 2005

brrr...it's cold....tea time!!

Boy!! was it cold today...the high was only 7C (44.6F) and the low was at about 2C (35.6F)...Brrrr

Around this time of year, as the weather starts to cool down, I've come to enjoy having tea. When I was living in Hawaii, I was purely a Lion ice coffee fan, I rarely drank coffee hot. Having come to Japan, I now drink Starbucks coffee (only because the don't allow smoking in their shops!!) and tea! You could say it's kind of an addiction, but I have lots of tins of tea and not enough time to drink it...here's just some of the stuff in my stash...

Ginger Peach Tea from Republic of Tea, Eden Rose Black Tea from Betjeman & Barton (a popular brand here), Bay of Islands Breakfast Tea from Kerikeri Tea, Passion Fruit flavored black tea from Hawaiian Island Tea(now part of Lion Coffee) and Mamaki Tea from Hawaiian Mamaki Tea Plantation

Mamaki is a Hawaiian medicinal plant in which the leaves are dried and used as a tea. It is part of the nettle family. It's best to take this one sparingly since it is considered a blood purifier, expectorant, astringent and diuretic. And if taken in large doses, can damage your bladder. Well, the kettle is whistling...tea time!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy,

During this time of year, I drink tea every morning. I drink Ginger Tea from Triple Leaf Tea. I drink it with honey. Their web site is www.tripleleaf-tea.com. I buy it at Longs Kaneohe and Down to Earth. My mom makes her own ginger tea from the ginger root. I don't have time for that so I use tea bags. I have tried Ginger Peach Tea made by another company, but I didn't care for it. It was too sweet. How is the Passion Fruit Tea? I haven't tried it. Which one is your favorite? Susette

K and S said...

Hi Susette,
Will definitely check out the Triple Leaf site. I like the Passion Fruit Tea more as an iced tea than hot. One of my favorites is Republic of Tea's Green Tea with Honey & Ginseng. I usually don't put anything in my teas, just straight...Thanks for your comments.
Kat