Friday, November 11, 2005

emergency, more sweets and metro what?

After our adventure the other day, my condition didn't improve much. In fact, that night I ended up with a 38.7C (101.6F) fever. When Satoshi came home, he took me to the emergency. (I felt bad for Satoshi because he didn't have time to eat dinner!! Sorry Satoshi!!)

Luckily, no one else was waiting to be seen. They gave me some medicine to break the fever. (Boy, did it make me perspire!) This experience made me realize the convenience of having a car. Since we don't have one here (because the parking at our building would cost us $120 a month alone), we had to call for a taxi. Taxi to and from hospital: about $15, Hospital fees with medicine: about $50, good health: definitely priceless!

Recently (before I got so sick), we tried these treats...Daily Yamazaki's (a convenience store) murasaki imo (purple sweet potato) mont blanc. It is a rolled chocolate sponge cake with cream filling and purple sweet potato topping. It is supposed to resemble Mont Blanc-one of the highest mountains in the French Alps.

And Chikujian's kurian awamochi (a millet rice cake filled with chestnut paste) (the yellow one), and yomogi mochi (mugwort rice cake filled with sweet red bean paste) (the green one).

The term metrosexual is picking up here in Japan. (Metro what?)
Metrosexual (met.roh.SEK.shoo.ul) n. An urban male with a strong aesthetic sense who spends a great deal of time and money on his appearance and lifestyle. --Hey, I think I may know a couple of guys who are like this...

No comments: