Friday, December 21, 2012

pupu

The other day I was looking at a magazine and came across two ideas for pupu (appetizer).

One was kaki (persimmon) with bleu cheese and honey. Well, actually the original recipe had an addition of jam, but I thought honey and jam would make things a bit too sweet. After trying it, the sweet and salty combo is nice but I think you could nix the honey.

The other was to fill red bell pepper "boats" with your favorite dip--I used smoked salmon dip.

I have another smoked salmon dip on this blog here.

The recipe I used this time around isn't really a recipe.

It uses the food processor and is really fast and simple. In a food processor, put in some smoked salmon, some cream cheese and some italian parsley--the amounts are up to you, if you want it creamier, add more cream cheese, more "salmon-y" add more smoked salmon.

After you whizz it to the consistency of your choice, fill some red bell pepper boats...fun finger food!

It's Friday here, I hope your weekend is a nice one.

6 comments:

Rowena said...

That is a cool idea for persimmons. I think there still might be some in the produce section so I hope to try this.

KirkK said...

Nice combo Kat! We recently had something very similar at a pretty fancy "farm to table" place.

K and S said...

I hope you can get your hands on some persimmons, Rowena, tell me what you think if you try this.

Thanks Kirk, hope to hear about this "farm to table" place :)

Take care you two.
Kat

K said...

Ooh yum, sounds delicious and great finger food!

Kathy YL Chan said...

blue cheese + persimmons...what a neat combo! going to give that a try at home ^_^

K and S said...

I hope you like this Kathy :)

Take care.
Kat